I remember serving this particular dish to my friend for the first time and she couldn’t tell that this was actually cauliflower. Packed full with nutrients and known for it’s high amount of potassium, Cauliflower is one of the most versatile vegetables! Being lower in carbohydrates and overall calories compared to potatoes, this is an amazing dish to serve when your friends are on diet and are looking for something satisfying. The best part? This dish requires virtually one ingredient only. That’s right, ONE!
- 10-15 mins
- 1 Steamer
- 1 Blender
- 1 medium sized cauliflower (Roughly 2.5 fist size), chopped
- 1 tbsp Butter (Roughly 1 thumb size)
- A dash of pepper
- Handful of Cheese (Optional)
- This recipe serves 1-2 servings
- Steam the cauliflower for about 10-15 minutes until it is soft.
- Pour the cauliflower into the blender
- For enhanced flavor, add butter and pepper. If you like the cheese pull feel, some cheese would be encouraged. However, these ingredients are purely optional. Mash cauliflower will still taste awesome with or without these ingredients.
- Once you’ve added all the ingredients, blend all the ingredients for roughly 30 seconds on the highest speed until the ingredients are mashed into a creamy texture and you’re ready to serve!
*Side note: Blending the ingredients for too long may cause the mash cauliflower to have a foamy texture, which loses it’s texture and flavor.
If you have questions about the recipe, feel free to ask in the comments section below. If you like this recipe, do share it with your friends! More viewership = more motivation for me to write awesome post for ya!