To many, pancakes are high in calories and carbohydrates and therefore not a food fitting for their fitness goal – the simplicity of the carbohydrates and lack of other macros makes it hard to add in as a food worth eating.
However, with the rise of cooking with protein powder, protein pancakes are now a reality. Best of all, protein pancakes only require you to have two ingredients and only takes 5 minutes to make! Here’s how:
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 2 mins/pancake
Serving Size: Serves up to two
Suitable for: Anytime Meal
Medium-sized curved pan
1 Raw Egg
1 Scoop of Protein Powder
- Using a bowl and a fork, mix all the ingredients together until all the ingredients are dissolved together. You should get a thick consistency
- Heat the pan up at low-medium heat. Add the olive oil and spread it around the pan.
- Once the pan is heated, bring the heat to low and use a scoop to pour the pancake mix into the pan.
- Let the pancake heat up until you see bubbles on the surface of the pancake. It should take about 2-3 minutes.
- When bubbles start popping, use the spatula to slowly scrap the pancake and flip it over to cook the other side for about 30 seconds.
- Repeat the steps until all the batter are finished
Note: The flavor of your pancakes are highly dependent on your protein powder, so choose the protein powder you generally prefer to drink.